Dragon 9 Training Presents: Module I – ASSESSMENT COMPONENT OF EMPLOYMENT COUNSELLING (ACEC)
April 14 @ 9:00 am - April 16 @ 4:30 pm$600
Dr. Patsula originally developed this course to meet the needs of service organizations, particularly the Federal Government, in their career counselling role.
The assessment interview is a specific process for goal setting, based on collaboration and clarification. During the process, the counselor meets with an individual to formulate a counseling goal. Counselors must collaboratively evaluate the strengths (resources) and challenges (limitations) in order to develop realistic counselling goals. This approach is person-centred and empowers them to take responsibility for the decision-making process while offering them active and respectful listening and professional expertise.
You will learn:
– To help individuals play an ongoing and active role in assessing their difficulties and in finding solutions to resolve them.
– To respond effectively to reluctant and resistant client behaviour.
– To conduct an effective assessment interview by establishing a working alliance with the individual, with a good idea of where they are now, and where they would like to be.
– To develop with the individual a specific plan of action, which is easy to measure, realistic, attainable, along with clear deadlines. Everyone benefits: the individual, the counsellor and the organization.
You should attend if:
1. Need to prepare yourself to enter the career and employment field
2. You are seeking to develop and improve your existing career counselling knowledge and skills.
3. If you are looking for a systematic approach that will give you an effective mental road map to use when assisting an individual on their journey toward career fulfillment.