Emotions have an important influence on our physical health, and it’s critical to deal effectively with the feelings that accompany the everyday ups and downs of life. Here are nine steps to help manage your emotions:
1. Use your emotions and bodily responses to recognize when you are under stress.
2. Write down your thoughts and feelings about what is causing your stress.
3. Control whatever aspect of the stress that you can.
4. Don’t make mountains out of molehills. When difficult situations arise, it is important to assess how bad they really are before going into panic mode.
5. Redefine the Problem.
6. Develop behaviors that distract you from stress.
7. Reach out to a friend or family member.
8. Exercise Regularly. Regular exercise is good for your physical and emotional health.
9. Meditate and Relax.
With these 9 steps you will be well on your way to managing your emotions.
Lilian Lontra, email@example.com