Community News
Where to start?

When a family notices that the short-term memory of their loved one has begun to deteriorate, they are often totally unaware of the level of care that is now needed. They may contact an Independent Living community or an Assisted Living residence only to find that there just is not enough support in place for someone in the beginning stages of Dementia. The first step is to have the family physician refer your loved one to a geriatric psychiatrist for further assessment. This will help determine the type of dementia and what challenges you and your loved one are facing.

Share Button